The Mission of the Irwin County School System is to CARE:
College and Career Readiness – Academic Support – Relationships – Excellence
- Every individual can learn.
- Student learning is the chief priority of our school.
- Every person is a valued individual with unique intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs.
- Every individual within our school community deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
Individual self-discipline, responsibility, and accountability are essential to personal development and the learning process.
- Responsible parenting and family values affect learning.
- Teachers, staff, administrators, parents, students, and community members share in the responsibility for providing a supportive learning environment within our school.
- Research is a primary consideration in school improvement.
- Clear goals and high expectations for student achievement will guide the development of the curriculum and instruction.
- Assessment of students and school personnel is essential to the learning process.
- Assessments of student learning will include a variety of opportunities for students to demonstrate their achievement.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
Federal law prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, language, veteran status, genetic information, or national origin (Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964); sex (Title IX of the Educational Amendment of 1972 and Title II of the Carl D. Perkins Vocational Education Act of 1984); or disability (Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and American Disabilities Act (ADA), P.L. 101336) in educational programs or activities receiving federal assistance and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Employees, students and the general public are hereby notified that the Irwin County Board of Education does not discriminate in any educational program or activities or in employment policies. The Irwin County Board of Education prohibits retaliation against individuals who oppose this policy or file any complaint.
State law prohibits discrimination based on gender in athletic programs of local school systems (Equity in Sports Acts, O.C.G.A. § 20-2-315). Students are hereby notified that Irwin County local school system does not discriminate on the basis of gender in its athletic programs. The sports equity coordinator for this school system is: Mr. Kerry Billingsley 210 North Apple Street, Ocilla, Ga. 31774 or call (229)-468-7485. Inquiries or complaints concerning sports equity in this school system may be submitted to the sports equity coordinator.
The following individuals have been designated as the employees responsible for coordinating the system’s effort to implement this nondiscrimination policy.
|Dr. Stacie Howard
|Mr. Kerry Billingsley
|Title II||Heather Purvis
|Title I||Jessica Sirmans
|School Nutrition||Sandi Purvis
All career and technical education programs follow the system’s policies of nondiscrimination of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, and disability in all programs, services, activities, and employment. IN addition, arrangements can be made to assure that the lack of English proficiency is not a barrier to admission or participation.
Inquiries concerning the application of Title II, TitleVI, Title IX, Section 504, ADA, and Career and Technical Education to the policies and practices of the board may be addressed to the Irwin County Board of Education, P.O. Box 225, Ocilla Georgia 31774, to the Regional Office for Civil Rights, Atlanta, Georgia 30323; or to the Director, Office of Civil Rights, Education Department, Washington, D.C. 20201.
Last updated 7/1/17
ICHS ALMA MATER
Let us pause and raise our voices
in a hymn of joy and praise
To the Irwin County High School
and our happy high school days.
We will share in victory ere’ so sweet,
we will stand beside you in defeat.
At our journey’s end
let our prayers ascend for
IRWIN COUNTY HIGH!